.1. In a large pot, place water and bring to a boil.
2. Combine pork belly, bay leaves, garlic, salt, and whole peppercorn. Bring to a boil, skimming scum that floats on top. Continue to cook until meat is tender but not falling apart.
3. Remove the meat from the pot and let it cool down until the pork is completely dry.
4. On a dry cooking pot place the cooking oil and heat it up. Carefully place meat into oil and fry until meat is golden and skin is crisp. Sprinkle skin with ice-cold water and fry for about 5 or so.
5. Remove the meat from the pan, let it cool down a little then slice according to desired portions.
6. Serve with lechon sauce or favorite sauce/dip.